Cast Gallery catalogue number: A120f
Warriors laying siege to a city. They use their shields to ward off rocks being thrown down by warriors on top of the city walls.
See A120a and A120b for the defending warriors.
- Plaster cast: Height: 60cm, Width: 1.66m.
- Copy of part of a limestone frieze.
- The frieze:
- is from the interior of the west wall of the Heroon at Trysa (in Lycia).
- was made about 390-380 BC.
- was taken to Vienna in 1883.
- is now in Vienna, Kunsthistorisches Museum.
Look at casts from the Heroon at Trysa